- Cocoa procyanidins also inhibited molecules know to stimulate cancer cells.
- Researchers from Japan found that phytonutrients in cocoa regulated the genes involved in the metabolism of fats, aiding in weight loss.
- Research shows chocolate blocked cramping, bloating and other signs of lactose intolerance.
- The carbohydrates in chocolate appear to boost "feel-good" chemicals in the brain (endorphins and seratonin), thus promoting euphoria and calm.
- Cocoa contains antibacterial agents that may discourage--not promote--tooth decay.
- Dark chocolate is one of the few foods with a high content of chromium, thought to help control blood sugar. (1) Helps the body utilize sugars better, thus preventing diabetes as well as decreasing the complications of the disease--vision problems, amputations, kidney problems.
Deny yourself these essential nutrients, and you could well be bringing on the blues!